Kortrijk Creative City Tour
Kortrijk boasts a long tradition of international trade. As early as in the Middle Ages, Kortrijk flax was one of Flanders’ key export products. Thanks to this flax, the city developed a reputation for craftsmanship, topquality design and entrepreneurship.
Wars and economic setbacks forced the textile industry to reinvent itself. Thanks to this inevitable transformation, the Kortrijk region became what it is today: creative and resilient.
That is why, Kortrijk was awarded membership of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network on 31October 2017 for design.
Discover Kortrijk with this walk along unique landmarks, shops, restaurants and events in 6 creative neighbour hoods!
A warm welcome!
Check our creative experience programme in Kortrijk:
Temporary city events
- Spinrag, Children’s Art Festival, 26 Feb - 6 March 2022 https://www.spinrag.be
- Memento Word Festival Kortrijk, 18-20 March 2022 https://mementowoordfestival.be
Creative urban spots offering in-house programs
- Broelkaai 6 with creative platform https://www.durf2030.eu
- Kunstencentrum Buda & Budascoop, arts centre https://www.buda.be
- Texture, museum of Flax and river Lys https://www.texturekortrijk.be
- Muziekcentrum Wilde Westen, Music Site https://www.wildewesten.be
- Schouwburg Kortrijk, city theatre https://www.schouwburgkortrijk.be
You can also opt for guided tours when visiting Kortrijk: with guide | Toerisme Kortrijk
The walking guide is free and available at Toerisme Kortrijk (Tourist Office) or can be found here