The King Albert Park (Koning Albertpark) was originally named the Leie Park. It was created in 1905 in a bend of the Leie that had been filled in. In 1935, the Leie Park was rechristened the Albert Park, and in 1968 the King Albert Park. This open city park, spanning two hectares, fringes the crossroads of Kortrijk's main waterways. The two branches of the Leie and the Canal Bossuit-Kortrijk meet here, splitting the park into four sections, which are linked by bridges. The park has been completely redeveloped, expanded and integrated in the beautiful new environment of the Leie riverbanks as part of the Leie works.